[CF-Devel] 100% CPU in gcfclient metaserver query mode

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Feb 2 22:20:52 CST 2001

 I've fixed the problem by adding a usleep for 10 milleseconds in the
get_metaserver function.  I'll commit the change shortly - I need to very that
my imaging checksumming is all working right, as I have the directory I made
that change to also has those changes.

Joris Bontje wrote:

      On my workstation I have a nice CPU monitor running... GKrellM (top or wmmon

      will do too). After playing a while with the gcfclient and finally exiting my

      server, I always get in the metaserver query mode (where you see a list of

      all servers). I noticed that my CPU got a continue load of 100%.

      Darth_bob also confirmed this on his system, I rechecked with the latest CVS

      version and it keeps eating my CPU. cfclient doesn't show this behaviour.

      Joris Bontje / MiDS

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com