[CF-Devel] gcfclient without dmalloc segfaults

Pertti Karppinen (OH6KTR) pjka at cc.jyu.fi
Sun Feb 4 01:40:20 CST 2001

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 03:16:14PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

       I've noticed this problem with running with purify at times.  The problem is

      best I can tell the png.c file is correct now - the actual fault is happening

      within the png library - I need to compile a debugged version of that and see

      who is really at fault (ie, are we not passing an appropriately sized structure

      to it, or is libpng broken in some obscure way)

Heh .. that would be a first: crossfire working but a supporting library is
broken. Looks like it might be the case here though.

      > And 2nd note:

      > We need a unique color for tell&say in gcfclient, as they trun white->black.

      > Perhaps we need to add color to our selection? I vote for magenta, which

      > displays with a lot of different background colors. (And is my favourite

      > color along with pink)

       What really needs to be done is change how the server communicates to the

      client the messages.  Instead of hte server telling the client the color

      (NDI_BLACK for example), this needs to be re-done so the server tell the client

      the type of message it is (NDI_ATTACK, NDI_EXP_CHANGE, NDI_STAT_CHANGE, etc).

      The client can then choose the appropriate color (and a good/clever client might

      even have a color selector so the player can easily choose the appropriate

      colors they want).

Yes. No need for the server to decide the colours for user. And the clients
would be easy to modify to work with this change.
--
BSc. Pertti Karppinen <

     pjka at iki.fi

     >                   |'Bridge Players |
Systems Designer, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland    |      Do        |

     http://www.iki.fi/~pjka/

      | Office  : +358 14 260 2088 |      It        |
HAM: OH6KTR QTH: KP22UF  | Cellular: +358 40 564 0786 | on the Table'  |