[CF-Devel] pocket realities broken

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Feb 7 01:09:08 CST 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      Using current cvs, the pocket realities (in scorn perm. apartment)

      are always closed. I suspect that the generated exit-path is

      somehow wrong. Strange though, "normal" unique maps like the

      perm. appartments do work.

      Anyone knows how to fix this?

 Yeah, but its a real pain.

 The basic problem is that using relative pathnames (ie, just Apartments5) on
per player unique maps do not work.

 I'm seriously considering just updating the map files, and not support relative
map paths on unique maps.

 I'll poke some more at this tonight, but the more I poke into this, the bigger
the can of worms.  This can certainly be made to work, as it worked before, but
I've already doubled the size of enter_unique_map, and there are still more
changes.  This seems pretty excessive to support a feature of otherwise limited
use.