[CF-Devel] Using Gorokh as a priesthood--huge handicap

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Feb 6 13:59:31 CST 2001

I've been playing a low-level Gorokh player, and
I have found it horribly debilitating.  The lack
of healing spells makes normally survivable stuff
like a poisoning fatal instead of survivable by
means of using minor healing.

Also, it is much harder to do an emergency-repair
job.

The net result is that as a Gorokh priest I die
about 3x as much as I would with another religion.

I've also enjoyed no benefit to using the religion:
without high-end artifacts such as the Ring of Elrond
I'm not able to get the Wis quite high enough to
get any of the spells by means of prayer.

Getting to use "cause serious wounds" is not
sufficient compensation for the lack of healing
spells.

PeterM