[CF-Devel] collect.pl

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sat Feb 10 17:12:44 CST 2001

 The first 2 warnings are just that - warnings.  It just complains about files
it finds that doesn't match againsts its known type of files.

 The warning about colors is a little more complicated.  At one point, color
values for archetype attributes, so multiple archetypes using the same face
could specify different colors for it.  Things have changed, so that colors are
not attributes of the face, and not archetypes.  However, for compatibility and
ease of use, color for the faces can/is included in the .arc file.

 What the messages below say is that multiple .arc files are specifying the
colors for the same faces.  I believe in this case, these are more warnings, as
the second arc file is specifying the same colors.  If it was specifying
different colors, I believe the messages would say such.

 The fix here is to just remove the color attributes from the second arc file.

Bob Tanner wrote:

      Can someone explain to me how collect.pl works?

      Running it like collect.pl my/path/to/arch gives me all sorts of warnings and

      errors(?) on files.

      Warning: /var/tmp/crossfire-0.95.8.arch/CHANGES might be a junk file

      Warning: /var/tmp/crossfire-0.95.8.arch/Naming.doc might be a junk file

      <snip>

      collect.pl: poison_fog duplicate fg color green/yellow face poisonc.111

      collect.pl: poison_fog duplicate fg color green/yellow face poisonc.111

      collect.pl: poisoncloud duplicate fg color yellow/green face poisonc.112

      collect.pl: poisoncloud duplicate fg color yellow/green face poisonc.113

      collect.pl: gnome_player duplicate magicmap color green/blue face gnome.111

      collect.pl: gnome_player duplicate magicmap color green/blue face gnome.111

      collect.pl: gnome_player duplicate magicmap color green/blue face gnome.112

      --

      Bob Tanner <

      tanner at real-time.com

      http://www.mn-linux.org