[CF-Devel] new wall faces for png

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Feb 10 14:36:31 CST 2001

I noticed on many maps that walls are used "incorrectly"
in regard of perspective. That doesn't matter for xpms because
they are so small that perspective is hardly noticed. But for
the larger pngs it looks really ugly.

So I've created some totally new kinds of wall faces.
As an "example", I changed the zoo in scorn and the HallOfSelection
to take advantage of these new images. I made snapshots so
you can see the difference "before - afterwards":
<

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~avogl/zoo/

Right now the new pics are simply invisible in xpm mode, but I
think they could be drawn in xpm pretty much alike.
I'd like to change more maps to take advantage of this new "look".
So, tell me what you think about it. Is it okay to do so?
Does anyone have objections?

Andreas V.