[CF-Devel] FW: FW: rogue like games gfx (2nd)

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Sun Feb 11 17:54:35 CST 2001

This is also a fine artist.

As you can read, we have permission to use his tiles.
Please be sure to add him to credits when you log in one of them.
Also, we should contact him when we change them.

I THINK when we cut of for example a little dragon of him and ask him
"can you draw another animation to this?" he will do it.

For people like him (also when he at this time had other work)
we need a new and better map editor.

When CF is 1.0 and more people join in, it will have much more ppl than the
other graphical rogoue like games i saw. We should be prepared for it.

A editor where you can make new maps AND create new arches / animations.
Its easy to add for a java editor for example a little tool, where you can
animate and/or cut down monsters to 32x32 tiles.

But for all this people is like i said: They never will work for xpm and
24x24 anymore.
All goes up to 32x32 and true color.

One more: we don't need xpm anymore. Its wasted space, time and it makes the
game more complex
for people to join.

Michael