[CF-Devel] (old) bugs

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Feb 14 21:30:54 CST 2001

Mark W. wrote:

      IF you know of any bugs in the 0.96.0 release (even if they

      date back further), please send a message to the list.  Best I

      know, the current snapshot is bug free.

While reading this, a few bugs suddenly came to my mind:

o Crossedit: In the main window of CE, there is this big scrollbar-list
  with all existing archetypes for picking. One can choose in the menu
  above, how many and what types of arches will appear in the list.
  When I select "all", there is some kind of overflow. Resulting in
  only a very small number of viewable arches (not even half of them!).
  That is TERRIBLE for map-making. I have to insert special objects in a
  pickmap, using an ascii-editor to access them in CE. Please fix this
  very old and very annoying bug.

o cfclient: When I resize the window, client crashes. This bug existed
  since I first used cfclient.

o CF server (attack code): I've noticed that multisquare monsters
  sometimes don't attack me with melee. They move next to me, cast
  spells at me, but no melee attack. Any idea why this could happen?

  When a monster with special resistances
  (special = not identical with archetype) has the "can_use_armour 1"
  and can_apply/will_apply set, this screws the monster's resistances.
  When applying an armour, the monster seems to revert to archetype's
  resistances (or maybe even none).

  The movement scripts don't work for multisquare monsters. The monsters
  seemingly are always treated one square, using the head (upper-left edge)
  of multi-squares. For monsters like 3x3 upwards, this leads to serious
  malfunction.

Andreas V.