[CF-Devel] Thoughts on partial protections

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Feb 18 23:24:11 CST 2001

In general, I think the partial protection code which Mark has done
has been very beneficial.

1)  I use protection spells now.  I never used them before.
2)  Monsters can have (and have been given) greater protection vs.
    area effect spells instead of either useless 50% protection or
    total immunity.
3)  Items are ever so much more interesting to mix-and-match for
    the desired protections profile.

I can't think of any downside to the partial protections.

PeterM