[CF-Devel] Why do people hate wizards?

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Feb 19 15:47:49 CST 2001

      However, how hard are they compared to playing a fighter?  It might

      be a good idea to turn down the magic resistance of various monsters

      a bit.

I agree the magic resistances in general should be turned down, now that
wizards can't cast all the important phys stats up to 30 it has actually
made them difficult.

      Who has played BOTH a wizard-only player AND a fighter-only player?

      What say you?  Are fighter-only players lots easier?

      I pretty much only use wizards, so I cannot compare.  The last time

      I started a troll-barbarian, I quickly turned him into a semi-decent

      spellcaster.

Warriors are easier, you can line up all the items of the right resistance
and kill just about anything.. for Jessys you just get max of fire or ice
then drink 90 of the other resistance potion. With a demon slayer
demonlords, greater demons and jessys tend to fall like flies (I kill
oppie or fonz in under a second). Warriors of course don't get the
protection spells which makes life slightly harder, but you will tend to
see warriors with a fair bit of magic and wisdom just to get those spells.
There are quite alot of maps that get pretty close to undoable by wizards
fire temple is a good example... greater demons take alot of pumping,
infact I found the best thing to kill them with was bombs... =|. Warriors
have been very much improved by PR, perhaps we should think alittle more
about wizards (although in todays system, it doesn't really make alot of
difference about whether your a wizard or a warrior.. only intial stats,
items and skills.. most important part is race..).

my 2 cents.

dnh