[CF-Devel] Characters:wizards vs fighter vs special characters

bca at magellan.fpms.ac.be bca at magellan.fpms.ac.be
Mon Feb 26 06:56:17 CST 2001

All that had been said is true for Wizard and fighter. But me I use
Wraith,Quezalcoalt or Fireborn race. It is very interesting to play.
You begin with characters having some greater advantages in
some points and bad points for others. I will take the example of a
Fireborn. It has a low strenght,a glowing crystal(500sp max I think),
spell point regeneration bonuses,no melee weapon,no armour.
It is very interesting to play it as a wizard. I think that event as a
monk it should be better. I tried it with Valriel and Goroth. The
second one is better for a fireborn because the bad points of it are
cthe same and thus not cumulated. But thre is also some bad
points. No armour means no special protections or bonuses along
with them. No weapons means also no magic weapons.And
sometime for a spellcaster it could be easier with a good bow.

Other problems found are inconsistencies when starting
equipment. A magical hat or an armour or a weapon you can't use.
Even the limitation to 500HP for the glowing Crystal is somewhat a
problem because I love to play using a lot of casting ;using a sort
of torment of spell. I know that is may be a stupid manner to play
but it works. Hence using petmonsters(they are handled very
stupidly, casting spells on you sometimes) is useful.
And for a fireborn ti is too easy to kill wyverns in the dragon quest. I
do it at level 5 .Others rooms are too hard to me because ice spell
or lighning kill me fast and melee too.
In the fire room a red dragon is now free to attacks you directly
when you enter in the room. Before it wasn't the case: The red
dragon could enter in the entry area of the room.

May be think to balance XP gain for such races, items and maps.
For them some level otherwise easy for other classes are to hard
for a fireborn.

For items ,a thing could be a customizable ring with special gems
like in Diablo (whitout needing alchemy for low players) or a ring of
ring permitting you to wear more thn two rings. Providing special
items more regularly which are specially designed for a fireborn or
a wraith or a Quezalcoalt could be great like a burning ring of
armour +50 that you can't put if you are not immune to fire.

Some maps should be created for these kinds of players like a
map with a lot of lava and some path of earth who could be a lot
easier for a fireborn with levitate and fire immunity than for a
classical warrior.
Callebaut Benoît
E-mail :

     bca at magellan.fpms.ac.be