[CF List] Game not saving

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Feb 23 11:24:07 CST 2001

Chris Snyder wrote:

      Ok I am having a problem with Crossfire not saving.  I get errors

      when the program tries to autosave, and the bed or reality does not

      work either.  I am using Storm Linux (DEB files were included with

      the distribution), and I am using the GTK client.  Is there a config

      that I need to change in order to get this to work correctly?  Please

      let me know.

This looks very much like a write-protection problem to me.
Are you sure that you have read/write access to all crossfire directories?

Let's assume you installed the game to "/usr/games/crossfire/",
then the player files are stored in
"/usr/games/crossfire/var/crossfire/players". Make sure to have
write premission there.

Andreas V.