[CF List] Game not saving

Chris Snyder csnyder at techieguy.com
Fri Feb 23 17:28:44 CST 2001

      This looks very much like a write-protection problem to me.

      Are you sure that you have read/write access to all crossfire directories?

      Let's assume you installed the game to "/usr/games/crossfire/",

      then the player files are stored in

      "/usr/games/crossfire/var/crossfire/players". Make sure to have

      write premission there.

      Andreas V.

Thank you for your help so far.

It appears that I have access to all the directories needed.  I found the player directory under "/var/lib/games/crossfire/players" it even seems to have made a file for my character.  When I go to save (either autosave, or at a bed of reality) I get "Can't open file for save SAVE FAILED!"  I have the following deb packages installed "crossfire-server", "crossfire-edit" (both version 0.95.4-2), "crossfire-client", "crossfire-maps", "crossfire-client-gtk", and "crossfire-client-x11" (those 4 are version 0.95.4-1).  The save failure occurs in either client (gtk or x11).  Attached is a file that list all the files/directories that were installed for the server, client, and client-gtk.  Any ideas.

Thank you.