[CF-Devel] Ello

Jan Echternach echter at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Jan 2 13:04:43 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 07:30:58PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

      David Hurst wrote:

      > This can be prevented by setting them to initial items and handing them

      > directly into the players inventory. Is this satisfactory, Jan, can you work

      > that in?. Secondly, there may be alot of issues regarding the relative

There are two ways of handing out items.  They should be documented
along with the FLAG_STARTEQUIP issue in crossfire.doc.

       I would rather that the value of the item be set to 0 (so it can't be sold for

      any money) than being marked as starting equipment.

       It would be quite annoying to accidentally drop that item and have it

      disappear.

You could get it again from your god.  And there is already this
inv-lock feature.

--
Jan