[CF-Devel] Ello

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Jan 2 22:28:40 CST 2001

Jan Echternach wrote:

      On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 07:30:58PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

      > David Hurst wrote:

      > > This can be prevented by setting them to initial items and handing them

      > > directly into the players inventory. Is this satisfactory, Jan, can you work

      > > that in?. Secondly, there may be alot of issues regarding the relative

      There are two ways of handing out items.  They should be documented

      along with the FLAG_STARTEQUIP issue in crossfire.doc.

      >  I would rather that the value of the item be set to 0 (so it can't be sold for

      > any money) than being marked as starting equipment.

      >  It would be quite annoying to accidentally drop that item and have it

      > disappear.

      You could get it again from your god.  And there is already this

      inv-lock feature.

 Ok.  Then maybe make it startequip and inventory locked by default?  Even your
god doesn't want you to drop it, so puts that little extra stickiness to it?
Player could still get rid of it with just minor extra effort.