[CF-Devel] Completed.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Jan 2 22:35:42 CST 2001

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      wrote:

      I have completed the graphics for the skeletal mage, but I don't know how

      to set what spells the monster can use. I would now like it to cast a

      small icestorm and fear.

 This is done by the monsters treasurelist (randomitems).

 For most monsters, this is done through abilities.  I would suggest you look at
the lib/treasures file.

 Note that the monster does need to have an sp and maxsp value, as even if it
uses abilities, they basically count as spells in terms of casting costs (this
is basically what limits how much a wyvern can breath for example).

 the treasurelist also includes just want the normal treasure it has also.
Treasurelists can include other treasurelists.  So if for example it is fine for
the skeletal mage to have the skeltons items but you want it to have spells, you
could have something like:

treasure skeletal_mage
  arch ability_firespell
  more
  arch ability_fear
  more
  list skeleton
end

 (note I'm not sure those are all valid abilities and that the skeletons
treasurelist is really called skeleton, but you should get the point.)