[CF-Devel] new god code broken

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Jan 6 17:09:53 CST 2001

on Fr 5. Jan, Michael T. wrote:

      There are some problems with the CVS >3.1. and the gods.

As you know, the god-intervention code has just been re-done.
That means, of course, that the way certain things work has
changed. Usually players have no idea about code-changes so they
think it's all bugs - until they get used to the new (and
hopefully better) code.

While listening to players has pointed out hundreds of bugs yet,
one must still be aware that players have a "smaller view" than
developers.

      - enchanting weapons don't work anymore (i test devourer and mostrai

        with a light sword, and char with priest level 11 and wis 24).

It does work, but there are restrictions now.

Every god has a large treasurelist with objects that he might
hand out to the player. These can be special prayers, artifacts,
cures/restores, weapon enchants, special messages... -
practically anything. To keep this in balance, the player must
exceed certain grace levels in order to "access" the lower-end
parts of the treasurelist.

Most gods hand out the first weapon enchantments after the
player has reached "medium grace level". Currently "medium
grace level" is set to 300 grace. (note that grace can be
doubled when praying over altars => 300 means 150 without altar).

      - player told me uncursing potions also don't work anymore, but i

        don't prove it

This works when the player's god has the "god_remove_curse"
in the treasurelist. Currently there are only "god_remove_damnation"-
objects available. Question: Is this good, bad, intended or
a mistake? =)

      - sorigs protection spells still denied.

Yes, this is true. I changed my mind and left sorig with denied
protection. The reason is: Sorig has the potentially strongest
attack spells and he direly needs some disadvantage in return.
We don't want all players worshipping the same god again, do we?

Andreas V.