[CF-Devel] Moving onto sourceforge.

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jan 9 02:14:07 CST 2001

Well, a small correction:
we're EVENTUALLY going to move the crossfire source to sourceforge.
Right now, we're distributing a set of RPMS at sourceforge.

I guess the next logical step is to move the crossfire client over.
It is a smaller package and would serve nicely to "get our feet wet",
as Mark had proposed previously.

On a related note, how important is it for us to keep
all the history?

For example, the log file alone is 25M:  I've *never* looked
at it.  I think messages sent to crossfire-cvs are probably
good enough.

The rest of it is about 83M (maps, server, client, arch).

PeterM

      For those who do not know or just don't read these posts :-)

      The crossfire source has been moved to sourceforge. I have volunteered to

      maintain the official rpms for the crossfire client.

      Just released a new version of the rpms, so check them out.

      If you want to get this sort of thing automatically, you can monitor the

      client-linux-rpm package.

      Thanks.

      > A new version of client-linux-rpm has been released.

      > You can download it from SourceForge by following this link:

      > <

      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13833&release_id=202

     83>

      http://sourceforge.net/project/filemodule_monitor.php?filemodule_id=13308