[CF-Devel] Moving onto sourceforge.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Jan 9 19:21:35 CST 2001

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      I guess the next logical step is to move the crossfire client over.

      It is a smaller package and would serve nicely to "get our feet wet",

      as Mark had proposed previously.

      On a related note, how important is it for us to keep

      all the history?

      For example, the log file alone is 25M:  I've *never* looked

      at it.  I think messages sent to crossfire-cvs are probably

      good enough.

      The rest of it is about 83M (maps, server, client, arch).

 I'm guessing the log is a list of all checkins?  If so, then it probably is not
needed.

 However, the log entries for each file I do find useful (ie, doing cvs log on
various files).  It could probably be argued that any logs for entries more than
a few revs ago on the file are not needed, but I'm not sure if thats easier to
do than just take them all (I find that cvs log can be useful in trying to track
down reports where someone reports something got broken between this release and
X - log entries can narrow it down easier to where I can then do cvs diff's).
And in actuality, probably that diff data is much larger than that log data.

 OTOH, if its too much a pain to do it, we could of course do a new import or
put those logs files elsewhere for referance/archival purposes.  If no one else
wants them, you could just give them to me and I can store them away and use
them as needed.