[CF-Devel] 2 x 2 avatars

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Thu Jan 11 18:14:32 CST 2001

I am sending again this again cause mail doesn't seem to have been
working.

Well they are broken.

You can't cast them unless you have at least 2 squares free completely
surrounding the player, they show up invisible tiles if they walk over
them and you can't swap places with them (like a 1 x 1 avatar). Not only
this, but even if you could cast it, these things take 4 times the damage,
and can't go down most corridors. I would say we really need to revise
these things, either
a) remove them completely (in the case of Gaea an idea for that has
popuped up, werecreatures).
b) do some serious thinking about how we can make 2 x 2 avatars useful.
c) remove them completely.
d) leave them alone.
e) replace them with 1 x 1 versions.

I would tend to head for b) first, what can we do to make them useful?
well obviously we could just give them ALOT more hp and speed etc but that
just doesn't sit right with me. AV tells me he would go for c) or e) (his
exact words were "do away with"). Changing them to 1 x 1 avatars seems to
easiest way to me, but destroys that whole idea perhaps abit drastic?

Well there it is, I personally consider this a pre-version 1 change. I
welcome your throughts on the matter.

dnh

ps. a new version of the monk is on the way now with some nice tweaks.