[CF-Devel] armour- & stats-spells

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun Jan 14 20:24:10 CST 2001

This is a minor issue, but I have received several complaints
from players on this topic.

Stats-spells (strenght, constitution, dexterity, charisma):

While ignored by warrior-class characters, these spells
play a very important role for wizards. They used to be
stackable and provided wizards with an easy way to boost
certain stats to 30. I think this was an exploit.
Now they're not stackable at all, a bonus of +2 per stat is
practically the best one can get. Players have told me
that this renders these spells totally useless and poses
a bad drawback for all wizard classes.

My feeling is that we should go for a way in between:
Have them stackable, but with every additional stat-bonus,
success chance for further improvement is *greatly* reduced.
So "boosting" a certain stat will get enourmously mana-intensive
(And the effect is only temporare!).

Armour spell:

This spell is still stackable just like it used to be.
But I think it is far too powerful. Physical is the
most common attacktype in the game. Cast a level 1 spell
for a few times and you are almost immune to it??
It should get a growing chance of failure with every
additional recast. And probably a max limit too (like +50%).
That would also justify the existance of "ironwood skin".
And it would make "protection from attack" look a little
bit less silly. (The latter is a lvl 13 spell, 5x the mana
cost, not stackable and has about the same effect as one
"armour"-cast).

Any comments?

Andreas V.