Friendly objects, was Re: [CF-Devel] Major bug in CF server

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Jan 16 22:21:28 CST 2001

Jan Echternach wrote:

      On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 01:05:00AM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

      >  Final tracking realizes that the friendly object list has a free object on it,

      > and it is using that.

      A problem that might be related to this is that several maps have

      monsters with "friendly 1".  AFAIK the friendly list is only for pet

      monsters.  The only effect that I've observed so far is that you don't

      get any experience from killing Mork in Scorn (who is one of the

      monsters with FLAG_FRIENDLY), but an error message in the server log

      instead.

 Actually, I don't think the friendly flag will effect exp.  Its possible the
mork is just worth 0 exp since you are not supposed to kill them.

 Using friendly object on maps shouldn't create any problems - I'm not sure if
it does anything or not (ie, will friendly monsters actually attack anything to
help you out).

 If we really say no friendly monsters should be on maps, then we should not
save the friendly flag and ignore it on load.  Pets are not saved on maps (they
follow you map to map), so it wouldn't break any aspect of that.