Friendly objects, was Re: [CF-Devel] Major bug in CF server

Jan Echternach echter at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Jan 18 07:29:32 CST 2001

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:21:28PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

       Actually, I don't think the friendly flag will effect exp.  Its possible the

      mork is just worth 0 exp since you are not supposed to kill them.

Mork has "exp 1", but IIRC the "a pet was killed" branch in
hit_player() was triggered, which won't give any exp to the hitter in
any case, just an error message because the "pet" didn't have an
owner.

       Using friendly object on maps shouldn't create any problems - I'm not sure if

      it does anything or not (ie, will friendly monsters actually attack anything to

      help you out).

find_enemy() looks like it might do something useful, but I'm not sure
if all code handles friendly monsters without an owner correctly.

--
Jan