[CF-Devel] polymorph - same old story...

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Jan 19 18:06:05 CST 2001

Mark has tried to remove/reduce the worst effects of the
polymorph-spell. Unfortunately, polymorph is still terribly
broken.

Now that we have these god-relicts (Lythander's bow, etc),
players gather those with polymorph easily (since the value
of these items is null). Moreover, players are still able
to morph one artifact (like bonecrusher) into another.
No matter what we do, there will always be arches with low/medium
value that are *not* meant to be handed out to players freely.

Again I ask you: Why don't we remove polymorph?
"Balancing" polymorph will never fully work, forget it. And what
benefit does that spell add to the game anyways?
It's all just for a "certain cool effect". I would not miss it.

Andreas V.