[CF-Devel] Skill attacks

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Jan 19 23:14:03 CST 2001

Jan Echternach wrote:

      There's also jumping.  BTW, jumping used to do more damage at a higher

      weapon speed than karate.  I think the jumping speed needs to be

      reduced drastically if this hasn't be fixed yet.

 Is this still a problem?

 I took a quick look at the code, and it appears that when you jump into
something, it basically uses the same skill_attack function as used for hand to
hand attacks, so you should do the same damage as your best hand to hand attack
style.

 I do notice the weight you can be carrying and still be able to jump is quite
limited (str*str*str*dex) - and that is in grams.  It means if your str and dex
are 20, you can only be carrying 160 kg of stuff.  at 25, it is 390 kg of stuff,
and at 30, it is 810 kg of stuff.

 It seems that unless the character really strips down, it may be difficult to
go within that range.