[CF-Devel] player losing the friendly flag?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Jan 26 22:35:45 CST 2001

 As a note, I checked in some code last night that should fix this latest bug.

 I believe players can lose the friendly flag.  Anything that causes it to get
lost on monsters should also work for players.  So things like mood floors,
certain spells, etc, would work.

 My latest fix no longer requires players to be on the friendly list - instead,
when looking for enemies, we will also search the player list for anything
appropriate.  That should be more bullet proof, as if you get removed from the
player list, you can't do anything anyways.

dnh wrote:

      On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Andreas Vogl wrote:

      > On mids server (running todays cvs) I noticed a very strange

      > effect:

      > Monsters stopped attacking "Quickfists" a monk player (darth bob).

      > You might remember this bug from before, but it doesn't seem to

      > be the same. It never happened to me since Mark's latest patch.

      > And I never heard of it since... till today. After Quickfists

      > saved, disc. and rejoined, the bug was gone.

      > (But believe me, I have seen it with my own eyes! The bug was there.)

      Indeed since that experience it has happened to SEVERAL other players. It

      seems to just happen all of a sudden, then in all maps the monsters are

      friendly to that player. If another player joins the monsters will attack,

      but they will still ignore the player who is "friendly" to them. Another

      point I have noticed, monsters tend not to attack you UNLESS you

      physically attack them. If you attack with spells they remain passive but

      if you get a successful hit, they will react (learnt that one the hard

      way).

      > Now I wonder: Could it be possible to "lose" the friendly flag

      > during play, for some reason?

      It would seem so, maybe it happens on start up?

      > Darth bob can't recall doing any "abnormal" actions, but who

      > knows...?

      Well I always seem to be doing abnormal actions ;)

      > If this is ever spotted again on one of the servers, please

      > ask the victim to try verifying that bug.

      It is spotted very regularly.

      dnh

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com