[CF-Devel] player losing the friendly flag?

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Fri Jan 26 05:57:10 CST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Andreas Vogl wrote:

      On mids server (running todays cvs) I noticed a very strange

      effect:

      Monsters stopped attacking "Quickfists" a monk player (darth bob).

      You might remember this bug from before, but it doesn't seem to

      be the same. It never happened to me since Mark's latest patch.

      And I never heard of it since... till today. After Quickfists

      saved, disc. and rejoined, the bug was gone.

      (But believe me, I have seen it with my own eyes! The bug was there.)

Indeed since that experience it has happened to SEVERAL other players. It
seems to just happen all of a sudden, then in all maps the monsters are
friendly to that player. If another player joins the monsters will attack,
but they will still ignore the player who is "friendly" to them. Another
point I have noticed, monsters tend not to attack you UNLESS you
physically attack them. If you attack with spells they remain passive but
if you get a successful hit, they will react (learnt that one the hard
way).

      Now I wonder: Could it be possible to "lose" the friendly flag

      during play, for some reason?

It would seem so, maybe it happens on start up?

      Darth bob can't recall doing any "abnormal" actions, but who

      knows...?

Well I always seem to be doing abnormal actions ;)

      If this is ever spotted again on one of the servers, please

      ask the victim to try verifying that bug.

It is spotted very regularly.

dnh

      Andreas V.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com