[CF-Devel] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv sounds

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sat Jan 27 21:14:10 CST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Tom  Yoder wrote:

      I'm probably going to the range tomorrow, and I'll bring a bunch of stuff

      and a recorder, sometimes it is windy at the range, so no promises as to the

      quality, but I have the following rifles (and more) M16/M4 5.56mm, AKM

      (AK47) 7.62x39, Remington PPS Sniper Rifle 7.62x51NATO, 30-30 Winchester

      Lever Action (Model 1894), Mosin Nagant 7.62x54 (Made in 1899 I believe),

      Mauser 8x57 (Est 1924 production), In pistols I have Glock 22&23 .40cal, SIG

      239 9mm, Makarov 9x18 (Soviet Pistol from around 1950), Colt 1911 .45, Luger

      P-08 .30Luger, Ruger 44Mag, S$W .38 Revovler and Tec22 Pistol.

Weee, totally cool =). Well crossfire is actually a fantasy game.. with
wizards and warriors etc etc. But I am thinking almost anything can go for
a spell sounds, for example, there is a spell called magic bullet. We can
probably get a good gun shot sound for that =).

There are> several other weapons in my personal arsenal, as well as I have a friend

      with a Sherman Tank, though it cost something like $500 each shot, so I

      doubt I can record that :).

Well explosion sounds would be very useful. Don't spose you got a flame
thrower? some fire sounds would be nice. After that its anyones guess as
to what might be useable or not. I must point out you are under no
obligation what so ever, so if you can only send us one thing, we will
still be very happy =).

 If you can tell me what point in history this is

      suposed to take place, I obviously can provide wepaons noise

     from firearms

      dating from 1891 to present. Also this is not a complete list, just what I

      think is the most interesting.

No crossbows or swords then? Wouldn't mind some swords fighting sounds.

Mostly I don't want to record everything I

      have, because well, its alot of stuff to pack up and drive out to Knob Creek

      Machine Gun Range, and my Mustang won't hold everything and ammo for it, so

      if you can tell me more specifically what you're looking for, it would be

      helpful :) Also, I can only fire one thing at a time being only human and

      all :P

      Could you send me a link to a website for crossfire? can you give me more

      info? Sounds interesting from what I know so far :D

crossfire.real-time.com

      Thanks

      Tom Yoder

No Thankyou, especially for your prompt reply ;)

dnh

      tom.yoder at home.com