[CF-Devel] Appendix A - Commands

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun Jan 28 23:45:55 CST 2001

Rick Tanner wrote:

      I was working on the website and came across a couple of things that might

      need clarification...

      For disarm, the description says "executes a disarming action in facing

      direction"

      What I have noticed is my character can stand in the middle of 9 treasure

      chests arranged in a 3 x 3 square and if all 9 chests were trapped (and I

      found them of course) then they all get disarmed without having to change

      the direction my character faces.  Am I wrong or does the description need

      updating?

 yes - disarming will disarm everything in the 9x9 space area.  Documentation is
incorrect.

      For brace, when that is toggled on, is it possible to attack another

      player even when peaceful is on?  Is experienced gained also halved?

 Looking at brace, the following effects seems to happen:

 ac is 2 points worse, and you get no dex bonus
 +4 attack bonus to hit.
 experience is reduced by 80% (you get 1/5 you normally would).  I think there
may be an interesting bug in this, in that if you are being drained, only 1/5
the amount that would normally be drained will be subtracted - the code does not
appear to check to see if the exp is being added or removed.
 you won't switch spaces with friendly objects.
 you will still attack friendly creatures even if you are in peaceful mode.
 You will not roll boulders.

 At least that is all the code that I see that uses the braced attribute.

      I also noticed several other commands that are listed in the playbook that

      are not available when you type 'help in the game, and vice versa.

      I can update this section in HTML format, but I'm unable to implement it

      back into the game.

 Can you clarify that?  Does that mean you don't have CVS access, or does it
have some other meaning?

      Is anyone available to help me update this section?  Or provide

      descriptions of the commands at least?

 Probably drop a message to the list about the commands you have questions
about, and someone will answer them at some point.