[CF-Devel] hmmpf

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Fri Jul 13 09:28:15 CDT 2001

K, well it is actually a whole archetype..

when I get a chance I will put it here..

mids.student.utwente.nl/~dnh/scott/*

dnh

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Scott MacFiggen wrote:

      On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 06:02:09PM +1000, dnh wrote:

      > When I finally got the server working I poped one in the city and tried to

      > take alook. When the image was just about to appear on screen *BANG* the

      > SDL client died.

      > ERROR on BlitSurface in file gx11.c line 6294

      > Surfaces must not be locked during blit

      > I suspect it may still have an alphachannel, does the new SDL blitter

      > support this (like the GDK one did?).

      SDL absolutley supports full alpha channel.. Assuming the PNG image

      was properly done. The SDL client doesn't actually lock any of the

      image surfaces but the SDL library itself does. So you either hit a

      bug in the SDL library or your image is messed up which is causing

      SDL to barf on it..  You might want to try running the client

      with the SDL_DEBUG environment variable set to 1. Dunno if that

      will help or not.

      Feel free to send me the files necessary for me to reproduce this

      and I'll look at it.

      	-SCott