[CF-Devel] hmmpf

Scott MacFiggen smurf at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jul 13 01:05:46 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 06:02:09PM +1000, dnh wrote:

      When I finally got the server working I poped one in the city and tried to

      take alook. When the image was just about to appear on screen *BANG* the

      SDL client died.

      ERROR on BlitSurface in file gx11.c line 6294

      Surfaces must not be locked during blit

      I suspect it may still have an alphachannel, does the new SDL blitter

      support this (like the GDK one did?).

SDL absolutley supports full alpha channel.. Assuming the PNG image
was properly done. The SDL client doesn't actually lock any of the
image surfaces but the SDL library itself does. So you either hit a
bug in the SDL library or your image is messed up which is causing
SDL to barf on it..  You might want to try running the client
with the SDL_DEBUG environment variable set to 1. Dunno if that
will help or not.
Feel free to send me the files necessary for me to reproduce this
and I'll look at it.

	-SCott