[CF-Devel] Map tiling code checked in.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Jul 20 01:15:05 CDT 2001

Scott MacFiggen wrote:

      Now it works fine for 11x11 maps but on larger maps it still

      dies in the Undead Church. If you walk up far enough once in

      the church the pngximage client will start complaing of

      no png data. (This is on a 16x16 map by the way).

      The face id that it seems to be having so much trouble with

      is 3342 which corresponds to ./arch/light/torch_lit2.111

      The SDL client just dies since it doesn't protect against NULL

      image data.

 I've fixed this up - form the CHANGES file:

socket/request.c: Fix bug in map1 command which resulted in it sending
too much data with even maps.  For example, if the client requested
a 16x16 map, the server would effectively send a 17x17 map to the client.
MSW 2001-07-19

 Thanks for specifying the map size you were using, at that let me find the
problem.  I never saw it because I use odd sized maps (typically 19x25)

      update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (20, 2)

  I've fixed these also.  Only happens when there is no floor object, which is
pretty since most maps were modified to have a floor.  In any case, this was a
bug that is now fixed:

common/object.c: remove_ob - set P_NEED_UPDATE before calling update_position
to prevent warnings from update_position being called with P_NEED_UPDATE
being set.  MSW 2001-07-19