[CF-Devel] Map tiling code checked in.

Scott MacFiggen smurf at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 16 01:14:48 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 09:42:42PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Scott MacFiggen wrote:

       I found a bug that I've just fixed that would happen if you were using the

      smaller map size (11x11).

       I haven't seen any problems with the larger maps.  The map transmission code

      for the most part is completely unchanged (if you do a diff, you will see that

      very little has changed for map tiling).  If the change I just checked in for

      darkness doesn't fix the problem, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

Now it works fine for 11x11 maps but on larger maps it still
dies in the Undead Church. If you walk up far enough once in
the church the pngximage client will start complaing of
no png data. (This is on a 16x16 map by the way).
The face id that it seems to be having so much trouble with
is 3342 which corresponds to ./arch/light/torch_lit2.111
The SDL client just dies since it doesn't protect against NULL
image data.

Go up even farther and it starts trying to paint bogus
face id's. I just saw it try to paint face id 7014, 10059, and
16640.. So far I have only seen this happen in the Undead Church..

Also, when I went into the cave just outside of the starting city
on the opposite side of the first mountain (the East side, not the
south side), I got the following error messages from the server:

update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (20, 2)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (26, 6)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (27, 6)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (21, 11)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (21, 10)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (28, 5)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (22, 10)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (28, 4)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (23, 10)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (23, 9)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (29, 5)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (21, 34)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (19, 5)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (18, 2)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (21, 2)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (3, 8)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (26, 33)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (21, 31)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (16, 26)
update_position called with P_NEED_UPDATE not set: /esben/hole (12, 33)
.
.
.

	-Scott