[CF-Devel] Fog of war code checked in

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Jul 25 00:29:58 CDT 2001

Scott MacFiggen wrote:

      This should be fixed now.. I was making a bad assumption about how

      SDL was padding the scanlines in the pixel array.

 Works like a charm now.  A very cool feature - makes doing some of the random
maps much easier to verify you've covered the spaces, and also positioning for
the ideal position when casting the various detection spells.

 I do notice that it gets confused when using the shop mats, and I imagine it
would get confused with all inter map transports.  Unfortunately, I don't have a
perfect solution - if we tell the client exactly where the player has gotten
moved to, this will make some maps much easier (as you will very easily know
what way you likely need to get back to where you where, or know where all the
secret chambers are more likely to be, etc.

 For shop mats, sending an offset of how much the player got moved would
probably be OK, as most all cases the destination mat is in plain view of hte
source, and even in cases where the wall is pretty solid, its pretty obvious
where the mat leads.  Unfortunately, I know there are maps that use many
teleporters in which the destination is not readily available, and the same goes
for pit traps, etc.