[CF-Devel] Java map editor idea

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Wed Jul 25 16:54:51 CDT 2001

Yes, to implement this kind of stuff is very easy in the editor.
this kind of information is sorted in the arch objects and parsed
(or can be) and so you can access nearly all stuff and manipulate it.

Moving around is somewhat harder. Perhaps you can do it for some basic
things,
but only real basic like test teleporter or so. you can also easy parse
solid / non
solid walls or so, but the tricky stuff, the stuff you WANT test because its
tricky
will not work - because you must most times include to much server stuff in
it.

What should work is to setup a server and start the client. and make a macro
like "go in dmmode,
reload map x/leace dm mode".

Then you just hit save in editor, switch to client and hit macro - voila.

      > Some examples (stuff I would like to see in the editor in future):

      > o Changing maps by left-clicking on an exit and selecting a menu-

      >   command "exit" (Like in Crossedit). If the exit-path is wrong, you get

      >   a notification. Maybe also a "check all exits" command to search for

      >   broken exit-paths in a whole set of maps.

      > o It would be nice to browse throught a list of all connections in the

      >   map. Some way to handle connections with an easy GUI, rather

      >   than getting dirty with the object-attributes.

      Yes, well I was also thinking through this, the previous function

      (left-clicking on exits) could be reimplmented for each basic type. ie

      when you left click on a teleporter it moves the selection to the exit

      point, if you left click on a switch, it highlights all the same attribute

      number (ie 0,1,2...)

      dnh

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com