[CF List] Help: client and xpmlib

October extremecs at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 15:16:30 CDT 2001

Heya,

The game looks sweet!

I'm rather new and unexperienced with linux but *please* bear with me anyway?
I've downloaded the maps, the server, and the client and followed all the
instructions on how to compile and install these.

I'm running into this error when trying to ./configure:

checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... no
configure: error: XPM library not found - you may need to use
--with-ldflags=-Ldir

I am running a fresh install of Mandrake 8.0 including GTK+ and X11R6.  I'm
sure I have the "xpmlib" somewhere on my system but "whereis" and "locate"
find nothing.

I've even gone so far as to install xpm-3.4k-10mdk

(

     http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker//cookfire/i586/Mandrake/RPMS//xpm-3.4k-10mdk.i586.html

     )

Could someone please help me out getting this game to work?

Thanks in advance,

October