[CF List] Help: client and xpmlib

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun Jul 8 04:04:00 CDT 2001

To get the install done, you'll need to find/get that xpm lib
on your system. Search for "libxpm*". Then link the library file
into your standard lib-directory, or use the "--with-ldflags=..."
compile option.

If you still have problems grab an IRC client, connect to
openprojects.net and join the channel #crossfire.
You'll get help there.

Andreas V.

      Heya,

      The game looks sweet!

      I'm rather new and unexperienced with linux but *please* bear with me

     anyway?

      I've downloaded the maps, the server, and the client and followed all the

      instructions on how to compile and install these.

      I'm running into this error when trying to ./configure:

      checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... no

      configure: error: XPM library not found - you may need to use

      --with-ldflags=-Ldir

      I am running a fresh install of Mandrake 8.0 including GTK+ and X11R6.

     I'm

      sure I have the "xpmlib" somewhere on my system but "whereis" and "locate"

      find nothing.

      I've even gone so far as to install xpm-3.4k-10mdk

     (

     http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker//cookfire/i586/Mandrake/RPMS//xpm-3

.4k- 10mdk.i586.html)

      Could someone please help me out getting this game to work?

      Thanks in advance,

      October