[CF List] race, profession, guild & titles

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jul 14 13:17:10 CDT 2001

      I really liked the guild system in Omega. Every player can choose the guilds

      join and then get the guild quests to advance in the guild and when you get

      better status on guild you are given better bonuses.

I liked it too, but I'd rather we didn't copy it verbatim for Crossfire.

      The title system in Omega works well also. You have different titles for guil

      and it really makes the playing interesting since you can almost never achiev

      the perfect char. Either you consentrate on one guild and become the master o

      that guild or you join different ones and end up beeing mediocre on each (or

      perhaps the champion of all after years and years of playing).

That's strange.  When I played Omega, I maxed my char in every guild I could
join (including the secret one) in less than a month.  Maybe they
made it harder or something.

      One problem in crossfire nowadays is that you can so easily get to 110 level

      have the three most important skills >100 and it only takes a few months of

      play. After that you tend to loose interest, start another char or go play

      something else. I think that a mud (such as crossfire) should provide years a

     nd

      years or achieving and improving for the real addicts (like me ;)

Well, the solution to that is to REMOVE THE CAP AT LEVEL 110!!!

PM

      Kimmo Hoikka

      Kimmo at Hoikka.com

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com