[CF List] First trials

Philipp Currlin Philipp.Currlin at t-online.de
Sat Jul 28 06:17:07 CDT 2001

      > - after the first character I played, none of my characters have ANY

      >   melee weapons skils, no matter which race/type I pick!  AAh, I need to

      >   pick a type ( paladinl, etc.) before I can have any skill at all.

      >   This needs to eb a a FAQ

      This seemed quite obvious. But if didn't guessed it, it must certainly go

      into the FAQ.

     There is no real FAQ yet, but I'll start one after this reply because I also
have some IRC logs with more questions.

      > - arrows never seem to get added to my arrow count when I pick them up.

      >   Ah.  They go in teh quiver (likce the sack).  How do I put arrows NOT

      >   in the quiver into it, and how do I select which ones I want to fire?

      To put arrows not in the quiver into it, open the quiver (just like a sack)

      and drop your arrows inside.

     I think if you mark the arrows they get fired when you use the bow.
To mark something:
hold <shift> and press the middle mouse button on the object

      > - keys are difficult to figure out.  How the heck do you apply it to a

      >   door???  It keeps hopping into my sack.  I want to be able to click on

      >   teh key, then apply and a direction.  I can't open the beginner door!

      Simply put keys in your inventory, not in your sack (close the sack before

      grabbing it). It will be automagically used.

     Better solution: type "usekeys containers"
(or help usekeys)

      > - if I can't save and quit everywhere, give me a PAUSE at least!

      >   (otherwise it's hard to play at work :)

      Pause is quite impossible (remember that the game uses client-server and

      there may be many other people playing).

     It is possible to save and then to close the client. But it's better to use
the spell "word of recall" (either learn it or read the scroll) and then to
teleport back to your last savebed.