[CF-Devel] Re: Crossfire IT-Project

gros yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Fri Jun 1 10:55:19 CDT 2001

Some things I would like to see for Crossfire:

1 - Java Map Editor: Portable and user-friendly (Knowing how the archetypes
are built should not be needed anymore to modify an object on a map).
2 - Portable Client: Although there is already a Java Client, it seems that
only few people are working on it today. Maybe your help could be welcome ?
3 - A 'character builder' tool: It is sometimes difficult to create
characters with complex behaviour (complex dialogs, moves, ...). It requires
a good knowledge of the archetypes 'tags'. I'd like to see a tool to help you
to create custom NPCs whithout having to learn archetypes internals. This
tool should also be able to create a library of custom NPCs/Objects you can
reuse in many maps.

I do not consider XML integration as a priority, but it is just my opinion.

Chachkoff Y.