[CF-Devel] poisoning

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Jun 4 02:23:47 CDT 2001

Currently gnarg is probably the worst god out there. While in a discussion
about it peterm posed the question of whether the attack type poison
actually did anything. After some testing I found I couldn't kill an ogre
or gnoll with poion even after taking 83 or so hp off it to begin with.
Unless I am mistaken this is alittle silly. Using a level 69 physique 110
overall character I couldn't kill a gnoll with the venomtooth's poison.

looking at the code, in the function poison_player peterm left this
comment,

	/*  peterm:  give poisoning some teeth.  It should
		be able to kill things better than it does:
		damage should be dependent something--I choose to
		do this:  if it's a monster, the damage from the
		poisoning goes as the level of the monster/2.
		If anything else, goes as damage. */

Currently I can safely say poison doesn't have teeth, it seems not even
the venomtooth has teeth ;). What should we do? I think we need to
incorparate level into the poison calculations, any ideas? This should
probably changed pretty soon =).

dnh