[CF-Devel] Large view area screenshots?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Jun 6 23:15:55 CDT 2001

Bob Tanner wrote:

      I know it's not released yet, but any large view area screenshots?

      I'd like to update CF's freshmeat entry with a new screenshot, to whet the

      appetite.

 The code is checked in.

 Realistically, I'm not sure what the future release schedule will look at.  I
see many fairly big projects on the works, and I'm not sure if interim releases
when this is still work in progress or doesn't have much testing really a good
thing or not - official releases tend to have a suggestion of more reliability -
if they end up really buggy, people download the 'official' release, install it,
find it buggy, tell their friends its buggy, and never look at it again.

 So what I see going on for the future is not much in the way of official
releases, but developers are of course still free to set up servers based off
CVS - it gets testing, the new features are out there, and it gets some
testing.  If it proves too buggy, the server can of course be backed out,
presuming previous versions of the data files remain compatible.