[CF-Devel] Started isometric version of the client (fwd)

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Wed Jun 6 13:43:52 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:00:21 +0100
From: Ben Norrington <

     mavxg at warwick.ac.uk

     ben at norrington.net

     mwedel at nic.scruz.net

Subject: Started isometric version of the client

I have started an isometric version of the client (see the attached
screenshot.) It uses an almost standard server (the only change is in the
max image size XPM_BUF 65536 and in the max message size up to 65536 also).
The server changes should be backwards compatible with the old clients.

As you can see it is a long way from complete (and it is very buggy at the
moment). It would need for the server to have a new image catagory for the
isometric tiles (it uses the png ones at the moment which would stop
backward complatibility). I haven't really got the time to redo all of the
tiles at the moment but my exams end on the 22nd so I should have loads of
time then.

If you are interested then email me and I will send you the code (a
complete hack/mess). It goes against some of the rules (images are in
truecolour) and it uses sdl for all the windows and drawing. There is no
console or inventory yet. I also broke the keys since some of the key code
needs an x window open to work; sdl seems to have a good solution to this.

Ben

P.S. Please could you fordward this to the mailing list as I still can't
post to it