[CF-Devel] Alchemy Suggestion

Chris Lusena lusena at cs.uky.edu
Sun Jun 10 15:16:31 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 12:46:58PM -0400, Scott Barnes wrote:

      I have an idea on how alchemy could be made more useful.  First, add an

      item (for instance, an empty bottle) that could be like a one time use

      cauldron that the player could carry around, then formulae could be added

      for things like making bombs or raising corpses into zombie "pets".  I

      think it would be a fun addition to the game, not really unbalancing, and

      would alchemy a much more useful feature.  So, what do you think?

Alchemy used to be very useful. One of the best money makers in the game
once you knew how. How, ever since .98 or so with drop in value of
a block of true lead 1/10 it's previous value and cost ingredients going
up, it is much less useful until you get sufficient level to produce
the really hard stuff.  Note that you can still make money a little if
you engage in the right sort of scavenger hunts for ingredients. But
I think that now its not worth ones time unless you have very high charisma
for buy/selling purposes. There are already those sort of recipes out there
but you have to be > lv 20 or 30 ment. before they start being practical.
Well you can get golem like things not pets. But I find golems much more
useful than pets. In any case you also do get exp I think for killing stuff
with alchemy tools thus making them less desirable as well. If you did get
exp. that would increase alchemy usefulness too.

--
Chris Lusena                       Office: 762 AH
Department of Computer Science     Phone: 859-257-3678

     lusena at cs.uky.edu

Lexington, KY 40506-0046 U.S.A.

     http://www.cs.uky.edu/~lusena