[CF-Devel] ISO Crossfire Set - first release

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Tue Jun 19 19:47:38 CDT 2001

I had finished the first usable release for the crossfire Iso set.

I had added here some screenshots:

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/crossfire_iso

How to use?

1. download the iso arches

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/crossfire_iso/iso_arch.zip

2. Install the CFJavaEditor
3. run the CFJavaEditor and set in arch path in the options to the iso set
4. Load a normal map

The iso set will use 99% of the old arches.

Monsters and items look like as they stuck in the ground, thats because i
don't have
shift them to the new position for the new tile width/height.

Some walls are not right, i had changed the arches with copy & past and
sometimes i had
swapped the horizontal with vertical. But thats easy to fix, just change the
2 faces in the
arch files.

You CAN play the iso set.

* You don't need change/recompile the server, except you must copy files for
the other arches!*
* Make a copy of the folder, where your crossfire.png and archetypes file is
in. *

5. Download a iso client (there is yet only the dx client, gros will make
the linux client)
6. Run "Collect Archfile" from the CFJavaEditor Archfile menu
7. Look in the copydata.bat file and copy the files named inside thereover a
installed server
   ( be sure to copy a renamed crossfire.png over
crossfire.xbm/crossfire.xpm file to avoid
     error messages from server).
8. If the server gives a error about the faces, delete all lines inside the
files and save it.
   The commands inside are not used for png set.
9. make a map! Or convert a old map! Make new quest!
10. play and enjoy

The look and the game feeling is wonderful!!

As you can see, i had put scorn in ruins. :)
Thats a bit more than a symbol, i have no good houses pictures...
So, sit down and draw ...

Its a perfect mixture from old crossfire, flat playing feeling and iso look.
I think even Mark will love it... :)

As you see, the player char now moves in 8 directions!
This is a real good thing - i had put in a option in the
setup command to the server, so this can also be used for
normal set!

All what you need is to draw 8 direction player pictures.

Well, there is some work to do!

If wanted, we can put the new arch set in the cvs.
And add collected iso server files.

We will setup mids 2nd server as a iso server.

The converting/changing of the old maps is really easy and fast.
Because we have so many bad and idiotic maps inside our mapset,
i think it is a good way to touch all of them and decide what we
will still use!

Michael