[CF List] Questions about CF 1.0.0

Egbert Hinzen egbert at ehinzen.de
Sun Jun 17 15:47:57 CDT 2001

Hi!

First my thanks to all who helped to make a great game!

After not-looking at CF for years, I saw you finally call it "1.0.0" now.
Maybe that was a little too optimistic...

Questions
=========
1.) How can I use the new sound system?
    Looking at the client's README it should be done automatically...
    (I use Linux 2.4.5 with ALSA sounddrivers 0.5.11)
    'cfsndserv' is compiles without problems but doesn't play sounds...
    BTW: The old system runs without any problems.

2.) How can I build the 1.0.0-documentation?
    There was no way to build handbook (ps) or spoiler (ps or html)
    using the Makefiles.
    (Yes, I installed all needed programs including the arch-files
     not needed for new users 8-)).
    BTW: I also found *no* place where I could download them. 8-(

3.) Everytime I start the (GtK-)client it starts my (dial-up)-internet-
    connection (also offering my localhost). That's nice, but there should
    be the possiblity just to use my localhost.
    I tried "-server localhost", but that changed nothing.

4.) Do you have plans to add localization to CF?
    If so, I'll offer my help to make a German translation...

Thanks again for a great game!

--
Egbert Hinzen