[CF List] Questions about CF 1.0.0

Egbert Hinzen egbert at ehinzen.de
Mon Jun 18 05:28:58 CDT 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Egbert Hinzen wrote:

      > 2.) How can I build the 1.0.0-documentation?

      >     There was no way to build handbook (ps) or spoiler (ps or html)

      >     using the Makefiles.

      >     (Yes, I installed all needed programs including the arch-files

      >      not needed for new users 8-)).

      >     BTW: I also found *no* place where I could download them. 8-(

       cd doc; make spoiler.ps; make handbook.ps

Sorry, but you misunderstood my question. I tried this, but the compiling
died with lots of errors.

Can you build theese files? They would be useful on the download servers
and in the CVS...

Thanks before!

       You can likely fix this by doing -server 127.0.0.1 (which amounts to localhost,

      but string name is different).  Also, if your system actually has a real name

      beyond localhost, you can use that.

Running. Thanks.

      > 4.) Do you have plans to add localization to CF?

       Done properly, localization should purely be a client issue (ie, connecting to

      an american server, I should be able to tell my client I want german as my

      language).  This also gets a bit harder.

Using GNU's gettext this wouldn't be such a big problem...
We've done it with freeciv (an server/client civilization clone) and it
runs well...

       But probably the bigger reason this won't get done anytime really soon is that

      for most people, this is not a high priority issue or something they want to

      spend time on.

Nothing can be said against that...

--
Egbert Hinzen