[CF-Devel] Crossfire on SuSE

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Mar 2 22:04:58 CST 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      The sound works on my system, since I always listen to mp3s while

      playing/map-making. =)

      So there is no additional package to be installed.

      About the header files... Small is my knowledge about the SuSE sound

      system. I can try including this-and-that header to cfsndserv.c and

      see if I'm lucky enough to get it work. I'm not too optimistic though.

      Again, what if we just build in an option to disable sound (for SuSE)

      till we know how to get it work? It would be very good to have an

      emergency option like "-nosound" for the configure script anyways.

 Realistically, except for the error, that has the same effect as having no
cfsndserv binary.  but it would be nice to look into this further - it could be
that alsa sound support is broken for all systems, not just suse.

      As far as I know, the bug has nothing to do with the window manager.

      I tried with the modern KDE and the old fvwm2, crash happens on both.

 Yeah - crash trace doesn't look very useful.  I would guess the most likely
case is either memory corruption, or something is getting partially freed and a
callback to it still exists.  Unfortunately, I don't really know Xt, and
crossedit is basically unmaintained at this point I think.