[CF-Devel] cfclient bugs and server issues

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sat Mar 3 18:13:11 CST 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      Oh I think there is an easy way to get rid of the problem:

      When a player logs on to the game we make a check if there already is a

      player with identical username and password. If there is one, we simply

      kick him out, allowing the "new" player to enter.

      The only situation where a player tries to connect the same character a

      second time is when his connection was cut. And this happens to everyone

      from time to time.

 Thats probably a reasonabl solution. I'll have to think about it a little more
to see how easy it is to do.  I know there will need to be a few changes, ie:

1) Don't check for duplicate name until after password is entered (right now I
believe that check is done right after name entry)
2) Need to add code to reclaim the old player and associate with new socket.

 I don't think this will be really hard to do - just not something I want to do
before 1.0 which will hopefully be out once all these bugs are fixed.  I don't
really want to be introducing new bugs right now.

 I've added it to the TODO list so I won't forget about it.