[CF-Devel] Crossfire on Mac OS X?

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Fri Mar 9 01:42:39 CST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Isak Styf wrote:

      Hi!

      I am wondering if anyone has tried compiling crossfire on

      a Mac OS X machine?

and I do't have MacOS X.. but I am very interested in this project, I
personally have a dual G4 and would be interested to have crossfire
working in macos.. might make me more inclined to get it.

      I have troubles with the configure-script not being able to

      determine the host type. If i supply it with --host=macintosh

      or something like that it (naturally) complains about not

      recognizing that host, but proceeds through the entire script

      without a hiccup. Trying to run make depend after that, results

      in trying to compile with "g -O2 ...". Naturally that fails.

Sounds reasonable.

      I am in serious need of some pointers here. =P

      Mac OS X is a BSD 4.4 system on a Mach 3 kernel in case

      you didnt know. My machine (though i dont think its relevant

      in this case) is an Apple G4 400 with 192MB RAM. The

      crossfire version is 0.96.0.

Yuppo

dnh

      Help anyone?